Gazza revisits his life story in new illustrated biography

Paul Gascoigne has been reliving some of the happier moments of his chequered football career for a new illustrated biography due out later this year.
Published by Simon & Schuster, who have bought world rights to the book directly from the former Tottenham and England player, Glorious: My World, Football and Me will be published on October 13.
According to the publishers, Glorious “will document the career of the football legend and provide an unrivalled insight into the player who was both brilliant and controversial but never less than supremely watchable."
The book features photographs from Gascoigne's spells at Newcastle, Tottenham, Lazio and Rangers, as well as an England career that won him 57 caps but still did not do full justice to his talent as the most gifted English player of his time.
Gascoigne said: "It’s been great working on this book. It has given me the opportunity to relive some amazing times, my favourite moments, plus a few dodgy ones, and I am happy with what I see.
“Throughout my playing days I have always tried to share the experiences and the privileges with as many people as I could and that’s what I want to do here. I have fallen in love with football all over again."
Gascoigne’s two previous memoirs -- Gazza: My Story and Being Gazza: My Journey to Hell and Back -- were both published by Headline.  The latter addressed his 15-year battle with alchohol addiction, which he is currently tackling with the help of another former player who successfully rebuilt his life after suffering similar problems.
Jimmy Greaves, who has not touched drink for more than 30 years, is scheduled to appear alongside Gascoigne at several venues around Britain later this year on a tour entitled: "Gazza and Greavsie: an Audience with Football Legends".
In a recent interview with the Daily Telegraph’s Jim White, Gascoigne said: “Jimmy‘s drinking spell was a long time ago, but I’m sure he’ll be able to help me if I get an urge.”

Pre-order Glorious: My World, Football and Me

Buy Gazza: My Story from Amazon at £5.49*
Buy Being Gazza: My Journey to Hell and Back from Amazon at £18.99*

(*Prices correct on April 27, 2011)

MORE NEW FOOTBALL BOOKS

Home

Comments